20 August 2008

The Re-enactment


As there are so many photos on this entry, I will simply let them speak for themselves for the most part- did we ever have a great day!!!


I will caption or section title some to help you- but you are all big and ugly enough to work out what is going on- so come with Scott and I as we share our Re-Enactment with you....

In the beginning...
Thursday night prior to the re-enactment, my mum's sister's, Mandy, Juanita and I head to dinner and then to Mamma Mia- what a great night!





Scotty has been making friends and influencing people...


The Morning of...





Before the ceremony




The Re-enactment


As many of you will know by now, Scott and I really wanted to be able to share with my friends and family in Canada, a celebration of our marriage. My grandmother's retirement centre proved to be the best place possible- whoever said that wedding was stressful and not fun did not know my family- clearly.


We had a renewal ceremony, followed by afternoon tea with the residents, followed by a Screech-in for the CFAs and then a BBQ reception at my mum's.


We were so lucky that my girlfriend from high school, Evelyn played for us.


We were blessed to have our family involved; my brothers, Chris and Robbie, and Chris and Andrea's son Aiden were the handsome groomsmen. And I had my 3 sisters with me on my happy day; my cousin Mandy, my cousin Lesley and of course, my darling Juanita. Trinity and Hilary were gorgeous and proud little flower girls (thanks Andrea for finding the dresses!)


Rev. Penney, my pop's mate, conducted the ceremony and so we were very fortunate and happy that he could also be involved.









(My biological mother, Lynn also joined my family and friends and lived to tell about it!)









(thank you Rosina xox)


The Screech In
(Juanita does not look to sure about this- don't trust 'em for a single minute, mate!)


The Time




















At my mum's











I can not begin to thank everybody for their love and support. I can not thank everybody for the enormous effort you went to, not only in making this such a fun, special and wonderful day, but in making such an effort to get here to Newfoundland to share it with us. Special thanks to the Aunties and of course... mumsy.
(Uncle Rob gets a special mention also for the washing up effort)
It was absolutely joyous for me to relive this day again by putting these photos on the blog- so thanks for your indulgence also.
I am full to bursting; and wish that you may be as fortunate as I am and have all the joy and happiness that your heart can hold.

No comments: