12 July 2008

Happy Birthday, dad!

In fine Janes fashion, for dad's birthday this week, Scotty and I got him something WE wanted!

Happy birthday, dad!

We got a new TV!

I got this pathetically sweet text message on Friday at work that sort of went like:
"Interested ina new TV? Full high def LCD $1000 with free $700 PS3 for blue ray movies."

My reply, of course was:
"Dear god, call me direct and tell me what that means in English."

I think it means, Honey we are getting a new TV!

So, I get home Friday night from work and the Harvey Norman van was parked out the front- not a good sign. Scott drives a 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser Prado- it is big. It fit gear for 6 adults, 4 dogs, 4 adults, and 4 dogs for 5 days camping and it could not fit this TV..... hmmmm

So I get into the house figuring to see the thing set up already, as he was a little eager. As it turns out he needed help to move the old fat thing (the TV not me on this occassion) and bring in the new slim TV.

We did that, no worries, and here is the best bit: the box. Boxes are so clever these days. Do you see the two rectangles at the top (AKA bottom) of the box in the photo on the lounge? Well those are not hand holds- they are the screw plug things for the bottom. You stand the box on the table, unscrew the plug and lift the box off the TV- CLEVER.



I know it does not take much to amuse me. I thought the box was a very clever design.

So then we placed it on the stand. Now, our lounge room is pretty small, we live in a terraced townhouse and don't have much space and I am always griping and grumbling (apparently) about the amount of room the damn TV takes up. Well, this thing is not going to give us that trouble any longer!




It is 42 inches of high definition LCD TV of the year, the new X series features Motionflow 100Hz, (Whatever that is) which Scott tells me reproduces fast moving videos sequences with life like smoothness. (I thought all television and motion picture did this unless it was Thunderbirds...) The new X series also features a full HD1080 resolution, 10 bit panel & BRAVIA Engine PRO

According to the paperwork with the box are the following key features:
I can now rest easy knowing that I have a second generation backlight.... or something or other.

Ginny was sat on the floor with me taking it all in.... like me, she did not realise that the tv was actually bEHIND her...


And of course, it comes with another *$%@ remote


Because we did this Friday night when I really just wanted to sit down and eat my kebab, I decided to take photos Saturday morning. Sash was pretty keen to see what all the fuss was also...

Whereas Neville was quite happy to stay in on the bed in a heated bedroom on a fleece blanket which was piled just-so to form his perfect path to spiritual enlightenment nest.

Ta-da! Happy Birthday, Vic- from Scotty with love
I know it is winter outside and mum is asking where is all the snow! We will be in Newfoundland in 18 sleeps and are escaping our cold winter to go to Summer in Canada and learned this morning that the temps will be comparable- that is about right. Knowing our luck, at least it will be an opportunity to show off Canada and NF to Scotty and for us to catch up with family and friends- can't wait.



I have not told Ginny Weasley that we are going yet.... she might need some counselling, I think....

I don't think she will be the only one in therapy, Scotty will join her for grief and loss counselling as he will obviously be missing his tv! haha

Better get going and grab some tea- it is Sunday night and Scotty just arrived with tea and movies for (you guessed it) his new tv.....

Happy Birthday dad!

See you soon, mate!

3 comments:

Clicky said...

Dear God Jennifer...you married Rick!! I got the same email from mine and we have the EXACT same TV here!!!

Our boys....

Clicky said...

I have just realized...PS3 not only = bluray, but GUITAR HERO!!! hahahahaha

It's evil...and awesome all at once :)

Lost Newf said...

We thought more about BUZZ than Guitar hero- we will wait for a review and photos from you and Rick on the guitar hero mwah-ha-ha