07 July 2008

Back to Kanangra....

Happy Monday Morning!

What a fun weekend. Thanks to Bill and Karen for the RIPPER of a barbie on Saturday night. It appears that the kids were all home- what better time for a barbie! We joined Bill and Karen, their children Shannon, his girlfriend Emma, their son Chris, daughter Sam and her boyfriend Shane, their neighbours Robyn and Don, Karen's sister Jodie and her partner Darryl, Bill and Scott's mate Dave and his wife Deb, the kids, Alex, Liam, and a couple of others I did not see hide nor hair of all night for a great night of reminiscing, wine tasting and bbq. Can't get much better than that, can you ?!

Oh, but wait... you can!!!

Danny and Wattsie joined us from Queensland and Sydney on their way to Wellington and we topped it off with a bushwalk in Kanagara-Boyd National Park.... you remember Kanagra.... it was where we went to Reduce Speed Campsite....


We set off on Sunday morning and had to drive back to Lithgow to Karen and Bill's because Scotty left his wallet there Saturday night. But that is okay because Jenolan Drive loops like a letter "C" around Lithgow and so we could go straight to Lithgow and drive to Jenolan from the Eastern side of Lithgow and back track to Kanagra through Jenolan.

(This is the first time I have tried to place a map in the blog and I can not get it centred or scaled to what I like. So, to see the "C" loop, you have to reduce the scale by one notch on the thingy, then put your cursor so you get the hand next to the red "A" pointer of Kanagra-Boyd National and drag down toward the bottom right right hand corner and you will see Bathurst appear in your top left hand corner and Lithgow in your top right hand corner and be able to see where we went)


View Larger Map

Easy-Peasey.

As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we were in National Parks and could not take the kids, which means that Dolly (Grace's Yorkie) couldn't come either. I'd like to see YOU tell her that! She had her jumper on and harness and was ready for action. But alas and alak, to no avail. Cute as she is...

We arrived once again in time for lunch... food just tastes better outdoors somehow. As you can see, Kerry, Andrew, I, Scott and Grace were pretty happy to be in the great outdoors.


On Saturday I took the kids for a walk around Mount Panorama (again) and was in shorts and a singlet because it was so nice. I realised that we would be in the mountains on Sunday but thought it would still be nice. I was wrong. Well, sort of. It was just chillier than I was prepared for. So, thank you, Kerrys' Nanny for Kerry's wonderful jumper! (It kept me warm!)

Scotty and Grace were good girl guides and were prepared, and of course Kerry and Andrew are ALWAYS prepared.... I guess I am just the optimist!

Shortly after we had lunch we started a bit of a wander and what to our wondering eyes doth appear?? (It was not 3 reindeer)

But our wallaby and kangaroo from a fortnight ago... Can you find him? He is a little wee wallaby to the left of the tree in the very middle of the photo... he was little.OK, here is a tough-y, then: Can you see the joey? (for those of you who are not aware, a Joey is a baby Kangaroo) Can you see him?

Can you see him? How about now? (Click on the photo to see the oval around the joey)





He did not wait long to join his mum and mates....


Shortly after, I almost stumbled into this wombat hole... I love wombats, and took a peek in, but I could not see him.

After the excitement- a nice walk in the fresh air, joined by wildlife (Andrew and Scotty normally qualify but in this instance we also saw Kangaroo, Wallaby and a Wombat hole but no Wombats) a great picnic with family it was soon time to head back to Bathurst.

We got back in time to watch the rest of Hidden Valley (a v8 race in Darwin) followed by a disgusting NRL match- Parramatta Eels v Penrith Panthers..... the Eels were atrocious. They clearly deserved to lose. Guess who I tipped this week?! It was disgraceful. Just a terrible game.

Ah well, after such a great explore this weekend, if the worst I have to complain about is losing my tip in the Eels match, I guess I am faring pretty well.

Hope all is well in your world!

Bring on NEXT weekend!!

By the way, for those of you counting with Scotty and I, we have 25 sleeps until we land in Newfoundland!!!! YAY!

No comments: