22 May 2008

Jen's Journal- the Lost Newf

Hi guys

I have decided to join the Gen “y”ers out there and create a blog spot.

There are one of two reactions to this, I am thinking:

  1. Shock-Horror!
  2. What the heck is Gen “y”???

For those of you opening door number 1; pick your jaws off the floor. For those of you choosing door number 2;

It will be another way to stay in touch as I will diarise the happenings for Scott and I. I am starting to create the settings and am at the stage where I place email addresses for notification of updates and the darn thing will allow 10 addresses only and I want 36.

So I sent you all a link to the site and if it is of interest to you to check periodically, go for it. I guess it is something that really only a mum will be interested in and so perhaps I can thank my dear mumsy in advance for clicking- but for me, I know even this may be a stretch because she doesn’t facebook. So here is a news flash- it is SOOO much easier for you than facebook, mum, because it is a website with a journal entry in it.

You may think, well, why doesn’t she just email?

I have tried email, I have tried facebook, I try text messaging and of course telephoning, I am yet to try Skype, and although nothing beats a good chinwag like the real deal with face time, in person, I just don’t have that much super-powers as yet. I am working on them! I will try zipping myself through your little broadband cable or phone line and appear presto-magic on your screen in letters and photos and videos.

So, I am going to give this a go.

It might work.

And, then again, you may decide that my little diary is not really of any interest or value anyway.

However, I have been inspired by TA and Juanita who are selfless in their weekly writing. It has been quite enjoyable for me, to hear their news and share their stories and I thought perhaps I would jump on the band wagon as well.

*Baaaaaaa*

It is my aim to provide a weekly update for people who are hangin' out for news from Jen and Scott. Even in writing this, I think, how egotistical of us! However, I have really come to enjoy Juanita's blogs and TA's notes and they have prompted me to take a big breath and plunge into the next generation of communication.

Interestingly, I am facilitating the telephone counselling training course again this year at Lifeline, which as you would think, is largely around communicating well. I have lost count of the times when I have said to the participants that we (our community, we as a society, we as individuals, we as family- take your pick!) really do communicate poorly with one another. We have lost that precious art form.

So, I am going to be proactive and take the initiative. Some of you out there will likely be thinking- Ah! Cheeky Bugger that you are, Jen- you are not really communicating because of the apparent one-sided direction. That is why I have chosen this forum, the blog spot. You may choose to read and make responses and add a comment.

So as the weeks unfold, and I learn how this new fangled technology works and I start to develop a sense of how I want the blog to look, what it will contain, and all of those mundane things with starting something new, please have some patience with me as I stumble and find my way.

Also, know that this is a genuine attempt from me to say, I care about you. I am thinking about you. And I want to share with you what is happening and what I am thinking and doing.

Thanks, for the support. And now I am off to try to work out what is going to happen next when I press this button right here which says "Preview". Or maybe, I press "Save Now". hmmmm. There is also a "Publish Post" button. Oh! I also see another one.... hmmm. stay tuned!

5 comments:

Clicky said...

Welcome to the blogosphere baby!!!

Shona said...

Hey Jen, great idea! This is a much better way to share pics and news, and now that I am off of facebook it means I can still be in the loop concerning what's going on in the life of Jen. :)

Guido said...

Welcome, Jen!
(Your Cousin) Gord

Clicky said...

Jen's back!!!

Aliest said...

Hi Jen

This is excellent..... It is so good to hear from you. My girls loved the photos and have been talking about Jen, Scotty and your babys all morning (Miss Muffet, Ginny Weasley, Neville and Sasha).
They want puppys just like yours. Take care and I think abuout you all the time.. Love Alison xoxo